For whom?

basisexamen inburgering

Whom is this website for?

The link to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service on this page will open in a new screen

This website is for those people who wish to prepare for the ‘Basic Civic Integration Examination Abroad’ and their partners. Some new arrivals to the Netherlands who intend to stay in the country long term are required to obtain a provisional residence permit. To do so, they must first pass the Basic Civic Integration Examination. You can find out whether you will be required to take the examination by visiting the website of the Immigratie en Naturalisatie Dienst (Immigration and Naturalisation Service).

The official self-study pack Naar Nederland enables you to prepare for the three parts which make up the examination. The pack contains various resources which will help you to do so. It is also advisable to ask your partner to help.

This website provides further information about the self-study pack: its contents, how to download or order it and how to use it. If you have any questions about the pack, the practice exams or the e-learning process, first check the FAQ section which contains a summary of the most frequently asked questions and answers.

Download a brochure about integration in the Netherlands here.