The workbook Naar Nederland, Nederlands voor anderstaligen (‘Dutch as a foreign language’) is the official preparatory material for the two language exams. It contains language lessons which will teach you to read, speak and understand Dutch at the required level.
The method has been specially devised for:
- those who cannot read or are used to a language written in a different alphabet
- people whose first language is not Dutch, regardless of prior education.
This is a self-study course. You can use it on your own, although it is recommended that you ask your partner to help. Instructions for the lessons are included in the handbook. The vocabulary list and the four audio CDs provide the necessary assistance.
The method consists of:
- instructions for use in the support language
- 20 lessons to familiarize the student with the Latin alphabet
- 45 lessons in Dutch
- A vocabulary list with the new words in each lesson translated into the support language (included in the handbook and on the CD)
- a spoken version of all texts and instructions
- four tests
- a list of opposites
- index of words with references to the relevant lesson(s).
The digital practice program includes the same lessons as the book.